FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Inter Milan are interested in signing England centre-back Chris Smalling on a free transfer. The 33-year-old’s contract at Roma runs out in the summer but has the option of being extended by a year.
- Bournemouth midfielder Philip Billing is considering a shock January exit from the Vitality Stadium amid interest from Valencia.
- Manchester United are monitoring Harry Kane’s situation at Tottenham.
- Spanish winger Bryan Gil, 21, is believed to be one of three players that Tottenham are offering Roma as part of a potential swap deal for Italy midfielder Nicolo Zaniolo, 23.
- Roma manager Jose Mourinho thinks Zaniolo may not leave because the offers for the player “are unworthy of him or the club”.
- West Ham midfielder Declan Rice is leaning towards joining Arsenal in the summer, with Chelsea and Manchester United also expected to compete for the 24-year-old England international’s signature.
- Frank Lampard is waiting to hear he has been sacked as Everton prepare to begin the process of another new manager search.
- Hakim Ziyech could be the first victim of Chelsea’s January transfer spree by joining Roma. The winger has been targeted by the Italians as he finds himself squeezed out at Stamford Bridge.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Belgium forward Leandro Trossard‘s agent says Tottenham were in talks to sign the 28-year-old before he joined north London rivals Arsenal, who were more decisive in securing the move.
- Dutch defender Stefan de Vrij‘s agent says Inter Milan have contacted him about extending the 30-year-old’s contract, which runs out in the summer.
- Burnley are in the final stages of talks as they look to bring in 22-year-old South Africa striker Lyle Foster from Belgian club Westerlo.
- Manchester United have joined Paris St-Germain in the chase for 17-year-old Brazilian Vitor Roque, who has £52.5m release clause in his Athletico Paranaense contract.
- Nottingham Forest are looking at bringing in PSG keeper Keylor Navas with England’s Dean Henderson, 25, facing a spell out injured, although Bournemouth and Leicester City are also interested in the 36-year-old Costa Rican.
- Leicester City are showing a strong interest in Brazilian winger Tete, who is on loan at Lyon from Shakhtar Donetsk. Everton and Nottingham Forest also have the 22-year-old on their lists of targets.
- Barcelona are happy with Spain defender Marcos Alonso‘s performances and plan to hold talks about extending the 32-year-old’s deal once the January transfer window closes.
- Tottenham Hotspur are nervously waiting to find out whether or not the club’s managing director of football Fabio Paratici will be banned from operating on transfers.
- Everton also want to bring in Ziyech to help their fight against relegation and would prefer to sign him on loan with a view to making the move permanent if they stay up.
- Tottenham coach Antonio Conte‘s contract expires this summer and, while he has been offered a new deal, the 53-year-old has asked Spurs to put it on standby because he does not want to think about his future at the moment.