FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Chelsea’s striker Romelu Lukaku is on loan at Inter Milan but has failed to come close to the heights of his previous season, and is failing to maintain his fitness or his goalscoring record.
- Newcastle United forward Miguel Almiron is set to be out for the next six weeks after suffering a thigh injury in training.
- Bayern Munich‘s Netherlands midfielder Ryan Gravenberch, 20, has sealed a move to Liverpool, according to former Reds player Jose Enrique, who made the disclosure on a live web stream.
- Barcelona’s Netherlands midfielder Frenkie de Jong, a long-time target of Manchester United and Chelsea, said in an interview on Spanish television: “Barca has always been the club of my dreams… I hope to be able to continue there for many more years”.
- Premier League clubs have told the Football Association that they are producing the highest quality players in Europe, even if the volume of game-time for England-qualified players [EQPs] has consistently fallen as the league has become more successful.
- Real Madrid are monitoring developments with Tottenham’s England striker Harry Kane, 29, whose contract runs out in 2024 and has been linked with a possible move to Manchester United or Bayern Munich.
- Barcelona would be willing to sell midfielders Ousmane Dembele, 25, of France, and Ferran Torres, 23, of Spain, to raise the money to fund the signing of Juventus’s Italian forward Federico Chiesa, 25.
- Former Spain midfielder Sergio Busquets, 34, has been offered a one-year contract extension by Barcelona, with the option of a further year.
- Manchester United are set to appoint Adidas executive Matt Hargreaves, who has a legal background and is a United fan, to lead their football transfer negotiations.
Read Also: UEFA Europa League 2022-23: Manchester United Draw Sevilla
• Champions League 2022-23 Quater-Final As Chelsea Draw Real Madrid
• Crystal Palace Sack Patrick Vieira Ahead Of Arsenal Clash
• Friday’s Transfer Gossip: Bellingham, Gravenberch, Veiga, Rose, Maddison, Alli, Henry, March, Coufal
- Manchester United star Alejandro Garnacho has officially snubbed Spain to play for Argentina.
- Gareth Southgate will stand by Kyle Walker for the forthcoming European Championship qualifiers against Italy and Ukraine after the England defender was involved in an alleged incident in a Cheshire bar.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Brighton are prepared to offer in-form Japanese winger Kaoru Mitoma, 25, a record deal as Real Madrid, Manchester City and Arsenal register their interest.
- Napoli’s Georgia winger Khvicha Kvaratskhelia, 22, who has been linked with Real Madrid and Manchester City, could be tempted to join Newcastle if they qualify for next season’s Champions League.
- Chelsea are “highly interested” in signing West Ham’s Declan Rice, 24, in the summer – the English defensive midfielder is contracted at the London Stadium until 2024.
- Nigeria midfielder Alex Iwobi, 26, whose current deal at Everton runs until the summer of 2024, has been offered a new contract but is waiting to see how the season pans out before signing it.
- Liverpool will allow former England midfielder Alex Oxlade-Chamberlain, 29, and Guinea’s Naby Keita, 28, to leave as free agents in the summer, while Brazil’s Arthur Melo, 26, will return to Juventus at the end of his loan deal as Jurgen Klopp bids to rebuild his midfield.
- Paris Saint-Germain ultras have announced they are planning a protest against Lionel Messi.