FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- Manchester United have renewed their interest in South Korea defender Kim Min-jae, but now face having to pay Napoli potentially 10-times more than the £3m they could have signed him for from Beijing Sinobo Guoan 18 months ago.
- Manchester United manager Erik ten Hag was willing to let Portugal forward Cristiano Ronaldo leave in August but multiple clubs rejected the chance to sign the 37-year-old, who has now left the Old Trafford club, for £80,000-a-week.
- Liverpool lead rivals Everton and Newcastle in the race to sign Sunderland’s England youth captain Chris Rigg, who is being dubbed as the “next Jordan Henderson“.
- Portugal left-back Raphael Guerreiro, 28, is likely to leave Borussia Dortmund in the summer.
- Bayer Leverkusen director Simon Rolfes says the club are “very relaxed” about the future of Dutch defender Jeremie Frimpong, who has been linked with Manchester United, as the 22-year-old is under contract until 2025.
- Barcelona could finalise a deal to sign France midfielder N’Golo Kante, whose contract at Chelsea runs out in the summer, during January depending on the 31-year-old’s recovery from a hamstring injury.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Juventus and Inter Milan are keen on keeping Chris Smalling in Italy but the former England international remains focused on staying part of Jose Mourinho‘s squad.
- AC Milan may end their pursuit of Chelsea winger Hakim Ziyech, 29, because of the Morocco international’s wage demands, although the Italian club remain interested in signing 21-year-old Albania striker Armando Broja from the Blues.
- Tottenham could look to sign Dutch defender Stefan de Vrij from Inter Milan in January. Atletico Madrid are also interested in the 30-year-old, who will be a free agent in the summer.
- Manchester United youngster Teden Mengi had to be stretchered off with a potentially serious injury during his side’s pre-season friendly defeat against Real Betis.
- Nordin Amrabat‘s brother Sofyan has begged Paris Saint-Germain to sign the Morocco star.