FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP:
- PSG are interested in signing Man United midfielder Fred despite the Red Devils activating a 12-month extension on the Brazil international’s contract.
- Atletico Madrid have agreed personal terms with Caglar Soyuncu until 2027 – and the 26-year-old Leicester and Turkey centre-back could join as early as January, even though he only becomes a free agent next July.
- Newcastle United might be able to prise Marcus Thuram away from Borussia Monchengladbach next month for less than £15m with his contract almost up.
- Newcastle United are making progress on agreeing a new contract worth £200,000 a week with Brazil midfielder Bruno Guimaraes, 25.
- Benfica have offered a new two-year deal to Argentina centre-back Nicolas Otamendi, 34, who is out of contract next summer and wants to continue playing in Europe, but negotiations are not advanced.
- Spain left-back Marcos Alonso, 31, is on the verge of signing an improved contract at Barcelona after arriving on a free transfer from Chelsea in the summer.
- Aston Villa are willing to sell Brazil midfielder Philippe Coutinho in January, just a year after the 30-year-old arrived at Villa Park.
Read Also: “He Tells Me When I Don’t Play Well”_Abraham Reacts As Portugal Want Mourinho As New Coach
• Saturday’s Transfer Gossip: Felix, Thuram, Santos, Bellingham, Gakpo, Ronaldo, De Jong, Asensio, Klich
- Chelsea are set to seal deals for both David Datro Fofana and Andrey Santos.
- Liverpool manager Jurgen Klopp insists the impending departure of sporting director Julian Ward will not impact their transfer activity.
- Chelsea are also working to sign a new left-sided centre-back and Monaco’s France defender Benoit Badiashile, 21, is the leading candidate.
- Liverpool and Tottenham are among the top Premier League sides ready to submit contract offers to Inter Milan and Slovakia centre-back Milan Skriniar, 27.
FOOTBALL TRANSFER GOSSIP
- Tottenham are long-time admirers of Adama Traore but new Wolves boss Julen Lopetegui hopes the Spain winger, 26, will sign a new contract at Molineux, with his current deal set to expire next summer.
- Leicester boss Brendan Rodgers is not expecting the club to sell England midfielder James Maddison, 26, in the January transfer window.
- Liverpool could give up on trying to sign Borussia Dortmund and England midfielder Jude Bellingham because they believe getting a deal done for the 19-year-old is proving too complicated.
- Chelsea are best placed to sign England midfielder Declan Rice as the 23-year-old enters the final 18 months of his West Ham contract.
- Arsenal are set to trigger a two-year extension to promising midfielder Charlie Patino‘s contract.
- Angers and Morocco midfielder Azzedine Ounahi, 22, has said he is yet to decide on his future, despite interest from Leicester, Leeds United and West Ham.
- Uruguay striker Luis Suarez, 35, is set to join Brazilian club Gremio on a two-year deal.
- St Mirren are closing on a deal to sign Waterford United defender Richard Taylor.
- Manchester United have opened talks with PSV Eindhoven over a deal to sign forward Cody Gakpo after learning of the Dutch club’s financial issues.
- Pep Guardiola and the Manchester City hierarchy are determined to win the fight for Jude Bellingham.