• Liverpool are interested in 25-year-old Spain attacker Marco Asensio, who is,
prepared to leave Real Madrid in a bid to relaunch his career. (Todofichajes – in Spanish)
• PSG have turned their attention to AC Milan and Ivory Coast midfielder Franck Kessie,
24, as they believe Manchester United and France star Paul Pogba, 28,
would prefer a move to Real Madrid next summer. (Defensa Central – in Spanish)
• Cristiano Ronaldo could have to wait until next Tuesday for his second full Manchester United debut due to quarantine requirements and a lack of training.
• Tottenham are also interested in Kessie and may be prepared to offload 24-year-old,
French midfielder Tanguy Ndombele as a makeweight. (Express)
• Neymar earns a £465,000-per-month ‘ethical bonus’ due to an unusual clause in his PSG contract,
with the Brazil forward, 29, having cost the French club more than £419m since his,
world-record transfer from Barcelonain 2017. (Mundo Deportivo via Express)
• Premier League clubs have warned players will not be released to red list nations next month, predicts Aston Villa chief executive Christian Purslow.
• Romelu Lukaku has revealed he has a “minor issue” to his thigh that has left Chelsea fans sweating on the fitness of their star man.
• Inter Milan are working on contract extensions for Argentina striker Lautaro Martinez, 24,
and, Italy midfielder Nicolo Barella, also 24. (Fabrizio Romano)
• Arsenal midfielder Mohamed Elneny’s proposed move to Besiktas has broken down,
due to the 29-year-old Egypt midfielder’s wage demands.
Elneny, who spent the 2019-20 season loan at Besiktas, also saw a switch to Galatasaray fall through for the same reasons. (talkSPORT)
• Liverpool, Barcelona and Bayern Munich are all interested in,
Red Bull Salzburg forward Karim Adeyemi, 19, who scored on his debut for Germany on Sunday. (Bild – in German)
• The agent of Manchester Unitedmidfielder Donny van de Beek says he held talks,
with Everton over a potential summer move for the 24-year-old Dutchman. (Express)
However, Van de Beek says Ole Gunnar Solskjaer was keen for him to stay at,
Old Trafford after holding talks with the United boss regarding his future. (Vibe with Five)
• Manchester United remain keen on West Ham and England midfielder Declan Rice,
despite deciding not to move for the 22-year-old this summer. (ESPN)
• Liverpool are exploring a possible move for 24-year-old Valencia and Spain midfielder CarlosSoler,
who has a £125m release clause in his contract.
Reds boss Jurgen Klopp views Soler as a possible replacement for Netherlands midfielder,
GeorginioWijnaldum, 30, who joinedParis St-Germain on a free transfer this summer. (Fichajes – in Spanish)
• Wales midfielder Aaron Ramsey, 30, turned down several offers to leave Juventus,
over the summer as he is determined to nail down a regular starting place under Massimiliano Allegri. (Calciomercato – in Italian)
• Phil Foden, 21, is set to be offered a new six-year contract at Manchester City,
despite the England midfielder having three years left on his current deal. (Manchester Evening News)
• Atletico Madrid could make a move to sign 29-year-old Argentina goalkeeper Emiliano Martinez from Aston Villa,
if Slovenia international Jan Oblak, 28, leaves the La Liga champions next summer. (La Razon – in Spanish)
• France forward Antoine Griezmann, 30, took a 40% wage cut to rejoin Atletico from Barcelona this summer. (Goal)
• Manchester City and PSG are two of the clubs keeping close tabs on AC Milan,
and France left-back Theo Hernandez, 23. (Calciomercato – in Italian)
• Inter Milan are interested in signing France midfielder Corentin Tolisso, 27,
on a free transfer when his Bayern Munich contract expires next summer. (Tuttosport via Sempre Inter)
• Daniel Sturridge scored in a behind-closed-doors friendly for Mallorca as the former,
England striker, 32, continues to search for a new club having been a free agent since leaving Trabzonspor in March 2020. (Mirror)
• French midfielder Aliou Traore, 20, will join Parma as free agent after being released,
by Manchester United this summer. (Fabrizio Romano)
• Gareth Southgate has said that Arsene Wenger has already lobbied him in an,
attempt to gain support for his plan to revamp the World Cup,
but the England manager has reservations over proposals to hold football’s biggest event every two years.
• Patrice Evra joined Sir Alex Ferguson for a meal in Manchester after the pair helped to convince Cristiano Ronaldo to return to Old Trafford.
• The infamous burofax which Lionel Messi sent to Barcelona’s former president Josep Maria Bartomeu last year has been revealed.
• Dutch legend Marco van Basten has put the boot into Donny van de Beek by claiming that he ‘is not that good’.
• Two of the most senior figures in European football have attacked FIFA’s plans to reform,
the international calendar and implement a biennial World Cup,
warning they risk diluting the game’s “jewel” and will put players’ health at risk.
• Brazilian federal police have opened an inquiry to investigate the four Argentina players,
whose presence at Sunday’s World Cup qualifier in Brazil caused the match to be abandoned.
• The new head of the European Club Association Nasser Al-Khelaifi has,
delivered a stinging attack on the three remaining Super League rebel clubs for their part in what he labelled “a coup”.
• Arsenal are continuing to stand behind Mikel Arteta as it emerged there has been no approach for Antonio Conte.
• Rangers full-back Nathan Patterson has been dealt an injury blow after sustaining a knock against Moldova.
• Andreas Christensen has confirmed he is in talks over a new contract at Chelsea.